When you are looking for a wine cooler, there are many things to consider. But one of the most important factors is the type of cooling system it uses. There are three types of cooling systems: thermoelectric, compressor, and passive. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of thermoelectric wine coolers and recommend our top five picks!
What is a thermoelectric wine cooler?
While it may sound like something the dashing hero has to defuse before time runs out in the latest blockbuster action movie, a thermoelectric wine cooler is actually just a type of wine fridge that uses electricity to cool down your wine. (I know. I was a little disappointed, too.) Not to get too sciency on you, but it works by using something called the Peltier effect. Basically, when you have two different types of metals connected together, and one side is heated while the other side is cooled, it creates an electric current. This electric current can then be used to power a small fan, which will circulate the air and cool down your wine. (See? Science is fun!)
One of the advantages of thermoelectric wine coolers is that they are very quiet. This is because there are no moving parts involved in the cooling process. They also tend to be very energy-efficient, since they only use a small amount of electricity to operate.
However, there are some disadvantages to thermoelectric wine coolers as well. One is that they can be less effective in very hot or humid environments. Another is that they can be more expensive than other types of wine coolers. But overall, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and we think you’ll find that thermoelectric wine coolers are a great option for those who want a quiet, energy-efficient wine fridge.
Our top pick: NewAir 28 Bottle Wine Cooler
Our top pick for the best thermoelectric wine cooler is the NewAir 28 Bottle Wine Cooler. This versatile wine fridge can hold up to 28 bottles of wine, making it perfect for larger collections. It has two temperature zones, so you can store both red and white wine at the perfect temperature. And it has a sleek black design that will look great in any home (aka yours).
- [PERFECT WINE EVERY TIME] - Wine tastes best when stored at a temperature that brings out its full flavor. Select your ideal temperature down to the degree for optimal wine storage and the compressor will work to reliably give you perfect tasting wine.
- [DUAL TEMPERATURE ZONES] - Get two wine coolers in one thanks to dual-zone cooling for up to 28 standard wine bottles. Store white wine from 40 to 55 degrees in the upper zone and red wine from 50 to 66 degrees in the lower zone.
- [PRESERVE WINE FLAVOR AND AROMA] - This fridge comes with a built-in fan to keep the temperature consistent and wine flavors intact until you are ready to serve. A soft LED light that illuminates your collection without emitting heat.
- [INSULATED UV PROTECTED GLASS DOOR] - Sun UV rays are harmful to a wine’s flavor profile. This fridge comes with double pane UV-protected insulated glass door to protect and preserve your collection.
- [VERSATILE ADJUSTABLE SHELVES] - This fridge comes with sleek black wine racks that can be easily removed, making it easy to load bottles, giving you convenient access to your collection.
The runner up: Ivation 12 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler
If you’re looking for a smaller thermoelectric wine cooler, the Ivation 12 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler is a great option. This fridge can hold up to 12 bottles of wine, and it has two temperature zones so you can store both red and white wine at the perfect temperature. It also has a sleek black design that will look great in any home.
- TEMPERATURE STABILITY - Ivation wine coolers’ compressor technology ensures temperature is not affected by outside heat sources, and reaches temperatures low enough to house sparkling white wines with a 41°F to 64°F temperature range!
- PRESERVE WINE’S FULLEST FLAVOR & AROMA - Set the temperature and let the wine cooler do the rest. With a built-in fan that maintains a consistent temperature throughout, this cooler ensures an optimal environment for long-term wine storage.
- UV-RESISTANT DOUBLE-PANED THERMOPANE GLASS - A double-paned glass door not only keeps the interior insulated, but also protects your collection from harmful UV light that can damage the tannins and overall flavor of your wine.
- SOFT INTERIOR LIGHTING - Turn on the energy-efficient LED light to gently illuminate your collection. Say goodbye to harsh fluorescent bulbs that fade labels and affect flavor.
- REMOVABLE RACKS & EASY-TO-USE TOUCH CONTROLS - Rearrange the shelves to accommodate varying bottle sizes. From pinot noir to champagne, you can be sure your collection ages comfortably. Easily adjust the temperature and turn on the light by tapping the digital display, then easily lock in settings with the lock button. The bright LCD display lets you view the temperature, even in the dark.
Want More Options?
Hey, everyone loves options. While we think you can’t go wrong with either of our top picks, we can’t knock anyone that likes to shop around. With that in mind, we’ve added a few other worthy selections below for a side-by-side comparison of features. (Boom!)
So in review…
Thermoelectric wine coolers are a great option for those who want a quiet, energy-efficient way to store their wine collection. So, if you’re in the market for a thermoelectric wine cooler, we think the NewAir 28 Bottle Wine Cooler has the best bang for your buck, but there are several great options to pick from.
What do you think of thermoelectric wine coolers? Do you have one? Let us know in the comments below! Cheers!
Leave a Reply